I have sustained injury on board. Who is responsible? From what insurance policy can this be recovered?


Damage or injury should always be reported directly to De Europeesche. Exclusion of benefits takes place if any activities are undertaken whereby a prohibition or warning is wilfully ignored. For instance, if a person walks on the deck during tacking, although several warnings have been issued that this is not safe, and this person is hit by a boom and gets injured, there is a chance that no benefits will be paid.