Should i make an insurance?


Citizens of EU countries are subject to the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). The EHIC regulates the care and reimbursement of expenses for EU citizens. Since 01.01.2006 the EHIC replaces the previous form E 111. Note: The EHIC does not include any repatriation after a serious illness or an accident abroad. The statutory health insurance companies may not offer this service. A return transport is only payed for in private travel insurance. It is therefore recommended for the duration of the stay to conclude a foreign travel health insurance, which covers risks that are not covered by the statutory health insurance. Only through the National Health Service (NHS) the medical treatment is free. However, you would pay for dental treatment, prescribed medications and glasses themselves. Treatment costs are generally very high.