The lighthouse 'The Horse of Marken' is located at the eastern part of the peninsula. In 1700 it was created as a square fire beacon, to which were buildings added later. In 1839 the round tower was built on the foundation of the fire beacon. Since 1970 'The Horse of Marken' is a national monument. Currently, the lighthouse is inhabited and therefore can not be visited from the inside.