Excellent service before the trip and friendly and relaxed team from NAUPAR on board.Anonymous
It was a beautiful sailing experience with the entire family.Family Spieß
Whether you want to just have a ceremony or party on a ship for one day or sail for several days with your family and friends, the possibilities aboard our ships are endless. We offer ships to sail for a day or multiple days and you can also choose not to sail and hire a ship as a location and stay in the port of your choice. Let us know your wishes and we will look for the perfect ship.
NAUPAR has the largest fleet of traditional sailing ships in the Netherlands. The luxury three masters can accommodate groups of 10 - 150 people and feature comfortable rooms, above and below deck. During a sailingtip on the IJsselmeer, Markermeer of Wadden sea you can have a wedding ceremony on the spacious foredeck if the weather is good. The bar and salon offer ample room to sit with your guests and raise a toast, dine and party with a music band or DJ until late at night.
Also you can choose to have the wedding ceremony on the spacious foredeck in an authentic, romantic harbour, such as Kampen, Enkhuizen, Hoorn, Monnickendam, Marken or Volendam. Following the wedding ceremony, you and your guests can head off on a wonderful sailing trip topped off with a great party afterwards.
And of course, you can also stay at the quayside of an atmospheric port of your choice and use the ship only as a venue for your ceremony and/or party. Nice advantage is that if you don't sail you also get a nice discount.
A sip and a bite
A tasty snack and drink should not be missed during the party. At NAUPAR you can choose from various options. From a nice welcome drink, glass of champagne and a delicious walking dinner or a buffet. You just have to make a choice. The crew takes care of the rest. They serve your meals, snacks and drinks during the party, while you only have to enjoy yourself.
Ships with sleeping accommodation
Do you want to spend the night after the ceremony or party or sail for another day with your family and friends? The sailing ships at NAUPAR are also excellently suited for this. In addition to day trip ships, we also have ships with sleeping accommodation. In fact, some ships even have a beautiful honeymoon suite. After the party you will wake up honestly rested, you can have breakfast together, drink a glass of champagne or even take a sailing trip on the IJsselmeer, Markermeer or the Wadden Sea.
Terms and conditions for marrying in the Netherlands
The rule is that at least one of the partners must live in the Netherlands or have Dutch nationality. If you or your partner are not from the Netherlands or have Dutch nationality, you cannot officially marry or enter into a registered partnership in the Netherlands unfortunately. But, you can of course always have some kind of wedding ceremony or a (large) party on the ship.
Therefore a wedding on a ship with NAUPAR
NAUPAR has more than 40 years of experience in organising weddings on the Dutch waters. At NAUPAR:
- we offer you the largest choice of traditional sailing ships including skipper and crew; from regal schooners and sumptuous barkentines to sturdy clippers and sporty tjalks
- you can cater for groups of 10 to 150 people and for very large groups you can even opt for several ships
- the trips offer something for everyone; from actively helping out to enjoying each other, the view and chilling out on deck
- you don't need any sailing experience; the crew will be happy to teach you the tricks of the trade
- you can choose from no fewer than 16 different departure ports and there is always a port near you
- you will certainly find the ship that suits your wishes and you are assured of an unforgettable wedding that your guests will talk about for a long time to come