The shipyard De Hoop is a three hundred year old (active) monument. 1694 the construction of Kuffen began until Napoleon forbid the shipping. The construction of fishing boats began in 1892, but the succession was less active, leaving the slipway empty. However, this was the rescue of De Hoop. In 1974 the ruin was restored and in 2009 a museum harbor was added.